Saturday, March 25, 2017

Paverpol Covered Canvas

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today with a tip on using Paverpol.

I wanted to create a canvas, but unfortunately I was out of Transparent Paverpol.  If you have perused the store you'd see that Paverpol also comes in Black, Gray, Light Fleshtone and Bronze, so there are lots of possibilities.


I had some Light Fleshtone so I poured some into a container then put in some fabric.


I placed the fabric on a canvas and used additional Paverpol to adhere the fabric to the canvas.  I wanted texture so I used the handle of a paint brush to move the fabric around.  It dried within 24 hours with some amazing texture. 


I knew that adding color to a Fleshtone canvas would not yield the results I wanted to I decided to paint the  Paverpol covered canvas with Gesso. 


Once dry, I and began adding colors with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists.  I began by adding some blues.


Letting it dry between colors, I added some copper and reds.


And I even added some green.  Moving the canvas allowed the colors to drip and blend together.

It looks great and I can't wait to decorate.      

In an upcoming post, I will show you what I've done with this canvas.

Steph








No comments:

Post a Comment