Thursday, October 20, 2016

Chainsawed Foot

Hiya!
Kim here and as I wrote 2 weeks ago
I love Halloween.
So sticking with the same theme as last time

 (my friend and co-worker is going to have a table
set up with a chain saw and needed a few items to go with it....)
I used wire this time to make the foot outline
then built it up with the foil and tape. I found
this so much easier with making the toes.


I used the flesh Paverpol to give it a more realistic feel.
I also found that it worked best to do either the top or the bottom
first with the material, not try to wrap it all.
It not only made it easier to work with but it dried faster that way.

I built up the edges of my material so I could add
a piece of a cork to make into a bone...
(I save everything, never know when it will come in handy)

Then added some flower soft and grit to create the meaty part,
soaking it all in transparent Paverpol. Adding a few mica flakes to give a bit more 
bone texture. Of course had to paint it and make it drip.



I cut some of the fake nails I used on my hands to make toe nails and
painted them a burgundy red.

(even added a little crystal)

I really tried to get this to look as close to real as I could.
I think it will look fabulous in Jerry's Halloween display!
I still have a lot to learn...but I am loving what I can create with this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment