Friday, September 9, 2016

Spooky Skull with Paverpol

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with my newest Paverpol project. Paverpol is an amazing sculpting medium that hardens whatever it coats.  Today I'm working with paper!

 
Paint a paper mache skull any color you desire.  I used red, thinking I might leave some of the skull visible for a "bloody" effect.

 
I poured Paverpol Transparent into a container, then added torn strips of pattern paper and mixed them in the Paverpol.  Paverpol not only adds dimension once hardened, it also acts as an adhesive.

 
I removed excess Paverpol from the strips and placed the strips of paper on the skull.  I continued adding pattern paper strips until the skull was completely covered.  I built up the layers for depth.  I also turned over some of the strips to allow some of the pattern paper to show.


Once the skull was completely covered, I left it to dry over night.  Look at all that texture.


Once dry, the texture was awesome.  I used an assortment of paints to paint the skull, blending colors as needed and working the paint into all the crevises.


The dimension is evident on the skull.  I love it.  Paper soaked Paverpol hardens into an amazing textured finish. 



I could have added an assortment of elements to really "funk" up the skull, but I think a cute bow created with the Bowdabra was all she needed, don't you?

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph


Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment