Friday, July 8, 2016

Paverpol Altered Bird House

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with my first post as a member of the Paverpol Design Team.    Having never worked with Paverpol before, I was excited to work with these products.  I love to experiment so I actually have 3 projects in process, trying out different ways of using Paverpol products.


Paverpol comes in several colors, but I chose to work with Transparent Paverpol for my altered birdhouse.

 
I started with a rough wood birdhouse and sanded it with my Proxxon Delta Sander.
 
I poured Paverpol into a bucket and dunked in some Pavercotton.  Next time, I will use a shallow bowl as it is easier to work in a shallow container.  I squeezed out excess Paverpol from the Pavercotton and then arranged it on the roof of my birdhouse.  Pavercotton stretches when mixed with Paverpol, so a little goes a long way.  The Pavercotton pulls apart easily so I could easily arrange it on the roof.  It is quite messy (which I don't mind), so gloves can be helpful. 
 
 
While still wet, you can shape Paverpol.  As it hardens the texture is amazing.  I used smaller pieces of Paverpol to create the bird nests.  It takes about 24 hours for the Paverpol to dry completely, so that is why I have several projects in process.


Using Folk Art Milk Paint by Plaid, I painted the birdhouse while waiting for the Paverpol to dry.  Although I inadvertently painted the bird nests, I wasn't worried as I intended to paint them again once completely dry.


Once the Paverpol hardened, I painted on several shades of brown paint.  Dabbing the paint brush into the hardened Paverpol creates layers of different colors. 


Finally I placed a stamped bird in one of the nests. 

Even the strands of Paverpol hanging off the edges of the roof hardened.   Doesn't that roof look amazing?

What do you think of my first Paverpol project? 

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by the blog often as we will have more projects to share.

Steph

2 comments:

  1. I have found so many interesting thing in your blog and I really love that. Keep up the good work!interlocking patio pavers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good information here. I really enjoy reading them every day. I've learned a lot from them.Thanks so much for sharing this information. Greatly help me being a newbie.best paver near Boynton

    ReplyDelete